Search Susato


How to get better Search results

Announcements

  • R.I.P. Bruno Campanella (1943-2026).
  • American Record Guide July/August 2026 available.
  • Critics' Choices updated (27/07).
  • Links in the comments sometimes disappear. This is due to the new spam filter of Blogger.
    I regularly inspect the comments and missing links will reappear eventually.

10 December 2019

Britten: Purcell Realizations [Graham Johnson]



Benjamin Britten (1913-1976)


Purcell Realizations


CD1

The Knotting Song
Seven Songs: Fairest Isle
Seven Songs: If music be the food of love
Seven Songs: Turn then thine eyes
Seven Songs: Music for a while
Seven Songs: Pious Celinda
Seven Songs: I'll sail upon the Dog-star
Seven Songs: On the brow of Richmond Hill
Six Songs: Madd Bess
Six Songs: If music be the food of love
Six Songs: There's not a swain of the plain
Six Songs: Not all my torments
Six Songs: Man is for the Woman made
Six Songs: Sweeter than roses
O Solitude
Five Songs: I attempt from Love's sickness to fly
Five Songs: I take no pleasure
Five Songs: Hark the ech'ing air
Five Songs: Take not a woman's anger ill
Five Songs: How blest are Shepherds
Celemene
Six Duets: Sound the Trumpet
Six Duets: I spy Celia
Six Duets: Lost is my quiet
Six Duets: What can we poor females do
Six Duets: No, resistance is but vain
Six Duets: Shepherd, leave decoying

CD2

The Queen's Epicedium
The Blessed Virgin's Expostulation
Saul and the Witch at Endor
Three Divine Hymns: Lord, what is man?
Three Divine Hymns: We sing to him
Three Divine Hymns: Evening Hymn
Job's Curse
Two Divine Hymns and Alleluia: A Morning Hymn
Two Divine Hymns and Alleluia: Alleluia
Two Divine Hymns and Alleluia: In the black dismal dungeon of despair
Dulcibella
When Myra sings
Let the dreadful engines of eternal will

Sarah Walker (mezzo-soprano)
James Bowman (countertenor)

(2CD, flac image, log, cue, booklet)
(by courtesy of basso profundo@Susato)


More Info at ArkivMusic
Buy at Presto Classical

3 comments:

  1. This share prepared by basso profundo@Susato

    https://mir.cr/KN08XI9Q
    https://mega.nz/#F!yqhi2CRa!13ICwT8EbWbwfLYeV1lqrg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much for attending my request and posting this, basso profundo! : )

    José

    ReplyDelete
  3. many thanks for all the generosity

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top