Search Susato


How to get better Search results

Announcements

  • R.I.P. Bruno Campanella (1943-2026).
  • American Record Guide July/August 2026 available.
  • Critics' Choices updated (27/07).
  • Links in the comments sometimes disappear. This is due to the new spam filter of Blogger.
    I regularly inspect the comments and missing links will reappear eventually.

13 August 2021

Favourite Serenades for Orchestra: Bruch • Dvořák • Haydn • Mozart • Rodrigo • R. Strauss • Tchaïkovsky • Wolf



Favourite Serenades for Orchestra

CD 1

Pyotr Illyich Tchaïkovsky (1840-1893)
Serenade for Strings in C major, Op. 48

Netherlands Chamber Orchestra
David Zinman

Antonín Dvořák (1841-1904)
Serenade for Strings in E major, Op. 22

English Chamber Orchestra
Raymond Leppard

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart (1756-791)
Serenade in G major, KV525 "Eine Kleine Nachtmusik"

I Musici

Joseph Haydn (1732-1809)
String Quartet in F major, Op. 3 No. 5: Serenade (Andante Cantabile)

Academy Of St Martin In The Fields
Neville Marriner

CD 2

Max Bruch (1838-1920)
Serenade for Violin and Orchestra, Op. 75

Salvatore Accardo (violin)
Gewandhausorchester Leipzig
Kurt Masur

Hugo Wolf (1860-1903)
Italian Serenade in G major

I Musici

Richard Strauss (1864-1949)
Serenade for Wind Instruments, Op. 7

Netherlands Wind Ensemble
Edo de Waart

Joaquín Rodrigo (1901-1999)
Concerto Serenade for Harp and Orchestra

Catherine Michel (harp)
Orchestre National de l'Opéra de Monte-Carlo
Antonio de Almeida


(2CD, flac image, log, cue, booklet)
(by courtesy of LittleGrecy@Susato)


3 comments:

Back to Top