Search Susato Posts

ANNOUNCEMENTS

  • Diapason Octobre 2026 issue now available.
  • Critics' Choices updated (25/09).
  • Composer A-Z list is back in the right column.
  • Links in the comments sometimes disappear. This is due to the new spam filter of Blogger.
    I regularly inspect the comments and missing links will reappear eventually.

13 August 2019

Tobias Hume: The Spirit of Gambo [Emma Kirkby, Paolo Pandolfo]



Tobias Hume (c1569-1645)

The Spirit of Gambo


I MUSICKE
Cease leaden slumber. The Queenes New-yeeres gift
The Spirite of Musicke
The Pashion of Musicke. Sir Christopher Hattons choice
An Almaine

II THE SPIRIT OF GAMBO
Start. The Lady of Sussex delight
A Pollish Vilanell
The Spirit of Gambo. The Lord Dewys favoret
Sweet ayre. The Earle of Arundels favoret
A Mery Conceit. The Q(ueens) delight

III CAPTAINE HUME
Captaine Humes Pavan
A Jigge
A Souldiers Resolution
The Earle of Pembrookes Galiard
Deth
Life
Captaine Humes Galliard
This sport is ended

IV LOVE
My Joyes are comming. The Lady of Bedfords delight
Fain would I change that note
My Mistresse hath a pritty thing
Touch me lightly
Tickle me quickly
She loves it well
Hit it in the middle
Adue sweet Love
I am Melancholy
What greater griefe
Loves Pastime

Emma Kirkby (soprano)
Labyrinto
Paolo Pandolfo

(flac image, log, cue, booklet)
(by courtesy of JePi-R@Susato)


Posts with: Emma Kirkby, Paolo Pandolfo

3 comments:

  1. https://mega.nz/#F!Ue5xGYTJ!zkhTPqS-bZK6W6qS15KTtA
    https://1fichier.com/?0que6m3yqbjvq8ey9tq3
    https://bodtje.stackstorage.com/s/PiHojiG2Ez2PtF3

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top